Donate to the NEWTON HS BIKE CLUB

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Debate Tournament


Newton is hosting the 10th annual Newton HS Alma "Momma" Moore invitational debate tournament. This tournament is Kansas Debate Coaches Invitational qualifier in the Varsity division. One bid at quarters and 2 bids for finals. We are looking for judges. Experience is not required but preferred. We are short Friday night rounds.
dwilliam@newton.k12.ks.us
Email me if you are in the Wichita/Newton ,KS area and want some free eats and to watch some good policy debate.
On the bike front. I rode 30 miles (2 hours 35 minutes) this past weekend. Weather was sunny and cool Saturday with a little wind, but Sunday was terrific with very little wind and even warmer. Ray and I did 30 miles total about 15 each day. I woke up Monday morning to rain and cold, so I did not bike to work. I also woke up to an incredible pain in my hip/lower back. If I overdid the ride, I never noticed being tired or an injury of any kind. It sucked yesterday as I hobbled around in pain all day. I got some heat on it and some aleeve and feel much better now but still rainy. I also had weigh in on Monday and lost another pound.
I am now at 227. Down from 365 (spring of 2003) and down 94 lbs since last October. I am trying to get down to 220 before Thanksgiving, but with the hip issue, it may be impossible.

No comments: