Donate to the NEWTON HS BIKE CLUB

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday Sedgwick Valley Center Loop 5-22010

Morning was VERY windy. South wind was cranking out at about 25 to 35 mph. The route is pretty simple and once I turned north, the ride was cool. About 4 miles south of Hwy 50, I passed 6 cyclist headed north on Ridge RD. They said something but were flying with the wind and I was working my ass off against the monster wind. When I took my restroom break at the convenience store, I saw another cyclist talking to some guy on a motor cycle. Turns out he was a part of the group I had passed. He had a flat and told them he would meet them in Sedgwick since he was driving his truck. I asked where they were headed and he told me Salina. He was waiting for his buddies. I had to break the news to him that they were way ahead of him. He was off to catch them in Hesston (in his truck).
View sedgwick in a larger map

No comments: